Mark S. Campbell is a Managing Director at Scout Valuations LLC, the valuation arm of TrueNorth Capital Partners, LLC. As such, Mark provides attorneys, high net worth individuals, public and privately held companies and business owners with valuation services for business planning and succession, shareholder disputes, buy/sell agreements, financial reporting, mergers and acquisitions, gifting interests, estate planning, taxation, matrimonial dissolutions, restructurings and reorganizations and litigation support services. Mark has provided hundreds of valuations to clients across a variety of industries and purposes. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Connecticut, Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Prior to helping TrueNorth form Scout Valuations, Mark was a Partner in the consulting group at BlumShapiro, a regional accounting firm, where he provided similar services. Prior to BlumShapiro, Mark was Vice President at Knox & Co., a boutique middle-market investment banking and corporate advisory firm. He was the financial advisor on a number of mergers and acquisitions and headed the company’s valuation practice. Mark was also the financial advisor on numerous restructurings, reorganizations and related consulting assignments, including lead banker on several transactions. While at Knox, Mark worked with four of the current TrueNorth Managing Directors. Prior to Knox, Mark was a Senior Tax Consultant with Deloitte & Touche, LLP. He provided tax compliance and planning services to corporate clients with combined revenues in excess of a billion dollars.
Mark earned an MBA and JD from Pace University and a BBA in accounting from the University of Massachusetts.
Professional Certifications, Organizations and Activities include:
- Accredited in Business Valuation – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA/ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CPA/CFF)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Connecticut Bar Association (CBA)
- Fairfield County Bar Association (FCBA)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) – President and Board of Directors
- Darien Little League – Board Member and Treasurer